Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Heading to Africa – Ulusaba Game Reserve

Ulusaba Game Reserve was in the middle of a jungle north of Johannesburg.

Departing from Hong Kong, it took us 13 hours to arrive into Johannesburg on direct flight. My company was taking us to another offsite, after to Dubai last year. You might wonder how luxury can a game reserve tour be. Well, first of all, we were connected to the site by a 90-minute domestic flight. I was told that if we didn’t take this expensive option, it might take over 6 hours of driving.

Heading to an African jungle, an additional preparation work was needed – medical advices. Prior to our departure, there had been discussions going over in our office of how to protect us from any possible diseases. On the safe side, I consulted a doctor and was advised to take a vaccination against Yellow Fever. It will go into effect after 10 days of vaccination and I had to carry with me some tablets to be taken while in Africa.

Life in Ulusaba (South Africa) was quite simple. There were mainly three things to do everyday:
· Game Drive – two times a day (morning/afternoon)
· Training – NLP
· Meeting and eating

Claiming to have been to South Africa, its better saying I have been to a jungle in South Africa. Actually Ulusaba Game Reserve was the only place I stayed through the rest of the week. Apart from there, we had a short 30-minute ride to visit a nearby village, and that was all.

I must say Ulusaba wasn’t as deluxe as Al Maha of last year, but it offered another kind of unique experience in my travel history. Have you ever experienced an elephant walk outside your training hall, drawing your attention away from the trainer? For me, yes, that was Ulusaba South Africa.

Upon our arrival, the NLP training was done immediately after a brief lunch at the Safari Lodge. Ulusaba had two groups of Lodges namely Safari Lodge and Rock Lodge, both among breathtaking landscapes and I shall go into details in my later posts.


Ulusaba Game Reserve South Africa
Anna's Amazing Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment