Monday, January 4, 2010

Explore Al Maha Facilities

Before I talk about the activities at Al Maha, let me talk about their room facilities first. It was a truly Arabic feel which made me feel like going back to the time of Aladdin and his Enchanted Lamp.

One morning, I woke up at 5.30am to do the Nature Walk. It was only 7pm when I came back. Rita, my roommate, was not in as she went to the Sand Dune Ride. So I had almost two hours private time in the tent. So I tried to make use of all the resources inside the room to enjoy a private session. The tent was connected to the outside pool and private little garden by 5 to 6 huge exits where I just walked in and out freely.

First I went on to the private pool for a swim and took photos for myself using the auto function of my camera. But I didn’t have a tripod. So I had to move stuff from inside the tent to support the camera. That was quite an exercise and kept me busy for a while.
The size of the pool was quite small like the size of a jacuzzi and the water temperature was quite high, so I gave up after a short while.



Lying on the chair in the balcony, I went on to do animal searching by using the telescope provided by Al Maha. In the surrounding desert area, there were many Oryx and Gazelle living harmoniously with human being. Actually we can see them everywhere even without a telescope. At the same time I was studying information about these friendly animals as I’ve borrowed some books from the lobby.

Next I used the drawing board and colour pencils to create a drawing of the surrounding environment. The desert landscape around Al Maha was actually very picturesque and that’s why we were given these drawing facilities. After my drawing session, the sun was up and it became very hot outdoor, so I moved indoor.

After swimming, it was time to explore the bathroom. It was huge, like the size of my home in Hong Kong. Al Maha bathroom was not only luxury, but unique. Things here were of Arabic design. Even the little jars containing shampoo and conditioner were of Aladdin style - very streamlined and elegant. I had never come across a bathroom that was so thoughtfully designed and decorated.

I brought some aromatic oil from Hong Kong to release my neck pain. It was a good time to have an aromatic bath as I really love the bathtub here. After all, Rita came back and we all went on to join the Dubai city tour.

This is one of the best designed bathroom I have experience!

To avoid walking under severe heat, we ordered a cart and someone came pick us up at our tent and send us to join the 4-wheel drive which in turn took us to join the coach for the Dubai city tour. If we were at the lobby, whoever available will be happy to drive us on a little cart to any destination within Al Maha.

Al Maha Desert Resort - Facilities

Anna's Amazing Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment