Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Arrive Into Dubai

Departing from Hong Kong, it took us 8.5 hours to arrive into Dubai, including a brief stop at Bahrain.

It was my first time to the Middle East. My first impression was ‘hot’. Arriving into Dubai by midnight, but the temperature was still high, probably over 35°C. Dubai airport was quite big. It took us almost 30 minutes to walk to Immigration. UAE is a rich country, hence don’t care about a visa fee. We could all obtain our visa upon arrival. More about UAE visa.

To continue our journey to Al Maha, we had to wait for the four-wheel drives which took us almost an hour’s waiting time. The driver was complaining that the traffic was badly controlled and he was unable to pick us up though he saw us waiting.

Driving in darkness in the desert was a new experience to me – there were no roads, no traffic lights, no road signs and only sand around us. I had a feeling of unsecured because our safety all depended on the experience of the driver. In about 40 minutes, we arrived at our destination at last – Al Maha Desert Resort.

Wow, I was completely exhausted, though we travelled on business class. The welcome drink became the most treasure thing in the world. Though I realized that Al Maha was quite an unusual place, I just didn’t had the energy to examine it. The water heater needed to store water first. I therefore decided to give up my bath as it was already 3am and I had to attend our business meeting at 9am sharp the following morning.


Anna's Luxury Recommendation

Dubai Luxury Hotels
Anna's Amazing Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment